Usually the romance, love & understanding that are present in the early phase of marriage starts fading as years pass by. Over a period of time, couples start complaining that the spice in their relationship is over & their life is just a routine. You can consider the following suggestions that will transform your relationship & add those extra special cherished moments in your life:
- From your heart, frequently say “I Love you” to each other. This makes you feel in love with your soulmate again & again. You can start your day with a warm hug or kiss.
- Care for each other genuinely. Care can be shown by respecting & considering each other’s feelings, health, wellbeing, happiness & preferences or by doing those small things that will bring a smile on your partner’s face. It will make your spouse feel special & bring a lot of satisfaction in their life.
- Create the “We” feeling by doing everything with each other’s consent & keeping your spouse updated with all the developments in your personal & professional life. You can also give suggestions & discuss issues with your spouse so that both of you grow in all the aspects of life together.
- Be considerate for each other’s passion, likes, dislikes, pleasures, choices, interests, etc. by doing small gestures. For eg: if it was a stressful day at the office, you can both enjoy a cup of coffee to feel stress free or if you spouse is passionate about paintings, you can search some nice techniques to enhance skills for your spouse, etc.
- To maintain the long term romance in your relationship, enjoy small moments together. For Eg: Go alone for a long walk together, have a romantic dinner at your favourite eating joint, etc.
- Start doing some recreational activity. For eg: learn a new dance form together or develop a common hobby, etc.
- Share your daily chores at home. For eg: cook together or clean utensils together or do some cleaning work together, etc.
- Create special moments for your spouse. For eg: arrange a candle light dinner at home, on a birthday or anniversary decorate the bedroom with balloons, flowers, scented candles, etc.
- From the heart, appreciate each other verbally & through actions, for all the gestures, big or small. You can buy a romantic gift (need not be expensive) as a token of appreciation & acknowledgement of the importance of your spouse in your life. Check gift ideas for husband / gift ideas for wife.
- Plan a romantic vacation together.
- Plan weekend treks together.
- Plan a weekend to one of your favourite romantic destinations.
- Go for a second honeymoon & recreate the magic again.
- Prepare a book of most romantic moments of your married life together. Keep updating this book to revisit & add new memories that you will always cherish.
- Complement each other in public, this keeps your partner happy & encourages in keeping the romance going.
Any small romantic gesture can add the spice back into your life & make you fall in love again with your soulmate!