Engagement marks the beginning of the Wedding celebrations. Engagement function signifies that the bride & groom are now committed to each other & are ready for the sacred & incredible journey of marriage.
Following is the checklist of arrangements for the engagement & also refer to Engagement planning sheet for tracking the arrangements:
- Decide the time & date for the engagement function.
- Fix a budget for the function.
- Prepare a guests list along with their contact details & postal address.
- As per the number of guests, you need to finalize the venue i.e. bride/groom’s house, banquet hall, lawn, etc.
- As per the budget, there can be simple decorations with flowers, lights, etc.
- Send invitation cards for the engagement to the guests.
- Purchase engagement rings as per the size of the finger in which you are going to wear it.
- Depending on your budget, rings can be of gold, diamond, platinum, gold with precious stone, etc.
- Buy gifts for bride / groom & close family members i.e. parents, siblings, etc. Usually after the ring ceremony there is exchange of gifts & sweets between family members of the bride & groom.
- If required, as per your tradition, make arrangements of pandit / priest.
- If required, you need to make arrangements for exchange of garlands or flowers.
- As per the timing of the engagement, finalize the menu & caterer for lunch / dinner.
- Appoint a photographer/videographer to take photos & videos so that you can preserve all the memories of these special moments forever.
- If your budget permits, arrange for light background music, DJ.
- Make arrangements for keeping the gifts / cash received from the guests.