Indian Weddings are usually an very elaborate affair with a lot of functions, fun & guests. Planning Indian Weddings has many dimensions as it is one of the highest priority occasions in the society. To avoid last moment panic and tension, you should start preparing & planning well in advance for a memorable wedding.
To start with let’s list down the broad tasks in the main wedding planner. Then you need to do detail planning working on other sub – tasks that will ensure timely completion of all the arrangements. To start planning your wedding, following is the list of major tasks & you can use the ready to use planning checklist to keep a track of all the tasks:
- First you need to decide the date & time of your wedding.
- You need to finalize the entire budgetof your wedding. It should usually be a range so that you have a clear idea of the maximum limit to which you can exceed the budget.
- Then you need to decide the number, date & timing of functions & their arrangements for eg: First Ceremony, Engagement, Haldi, Mehendi, Sangeet, Wedding and Reception.
- You need to have a brief idea of the rituals in your wedding.
- You need an approximate estimate of the number of guest you intend to invite.
- Finalize the type of wedding for eg: traditional wedding, theme based wedding, royal wedding, simple wedding, court marriage with a reception, etc.
- You need to discuss whether both the bride & groom’s side are going to share the responsibility or only the bride’s side will make the arrangements for the wedding.
- To know when to do what refer to marriage guide & checklist for planning 3 months in advance, 2 months in advance, 1 month in advance, 1 week in advance, the wedding day, etc.
- Refer the marriage guide for further guidance & checklists for detail planning for guest, invitation cards, venues, decorations, wedding functions & their arrangements, etc.
Having a perfect wedding is just about planning, organizing, tracking & executing the plans with help of planning & tracking sheets.